Thursday, August 20, 2009

VE011 - B02 JOURNAL ENTRY #8

  • Choose a challenge:
a. Tell the truth
b. Return recovered things (personal items, money, etc)
c. Admit mistake
d. Return excess change
e. Avoid cheating


  • What challenge did you take?
- From those challenges, what I chose was to tell the truth and admit my mistake.
  • Were you able to do the challenge? How do you feel about it?
- Yes, I am proud to say that I am able to do those challenges. The first challenge was telling the truth. I told my friend that his suitor has not only a girlfriend, but also another girl which he was courting too. I did not just invented that information, in fact, that guy (my friend's suitor) had admitted and confessed that to me. And after telling that to my friend, I talked to the guy and admitted my mistake that I already told my friend about it even if it was really his responsibility to tell it and make things right. I also explained that I care so much about my friend and that I don't want her to get hurt.

At first, I felt confused if I did the right thing. But then, I have realized that as a true friend, I should and must really do that and tell her what she was supposed to know. And when she knew about it, I felt relieved because everything turned out well for both of them with what happened.
  • What have you realized/learned from your experience?
- "It is better to tell the truth to make someone cry, than to tell a lie to make someone smile", as one of the quotation goes, was the lesson that I have realized and learned from that experience. I have realized that a person should really decide upon telling someone the truth whether that truth will hurt another person. Some truth hurts, but that is a part of reality and we should learn how to accept it.

No comments:

Post a Comment