Tuesday, August 4, 2009

VE011 - B02 JOURNAL ENTRY #4

  • Looking back at the list of your positive characteristics and qualities, what do you feel and realize about it?
- It was nice looking back at that list because I felt glad and amazed of having such positive characteristics and qualities which could help me on becoming a better person and being the best of what I am. Those characteristics and qualities serve as foundations of success. I have realized that if I could practice those qualities and characteristics most of the time, I will be able to achieve my goals, reach my dreams, and finally, live a good life that I have dreamed of. :))


  • The Golden Rule says “Do unto others as you would have others do unto you.”
    a. Given the following situations, how would you like to be treated by your teachers and schoolmates:
  1. when you have given wrong answers to the questions during recitation:
- In this situation, the people around me, particularly my teachers and classmates/schoolmates, should not laugh at me just because I have given a wrong answer. Instead, they should correct my mistake.

2. when you are expressing your opinion during class or group discussion:

- In this situation, they should listen to me, or whoever the speaker is. In this way, they could show their respect to the one who is talking in front of them. They must pay attention to what the speaker says. It will be nonsense to stand right there in front of them if nobody will listen to what you are saying.

3. when you are giving suggestions during group work or presentation:

- Everyone should listen and consider each of the group member's opinions. All of us have our own opinions and therefore, we should respect and value them.

4. when you commit mistake:

- Nobody's perfect and everyone commits mistakes. One should not degrade a person when he/she commits mistakes by teasing or mocking him/her. We should respect each others feelings.

5. when you don’t like doing what they ask you to do:

- They should respect the things that I like as well as those that I do not like. They should not force me to do things that I did not prefer to.

6. when they want to give you their comments or suggestions:

- I will listen to them with understanding. I will consider their comments and suggestions about me because I know that it would be a great help for me in improving my personality. But, they should consider my feelings too. They should think first before they say something about me that might hurt my feelings.


b. Considering the given ideas on how to treat others with respect, what can you commit to yourself in terms of dealing with the MCL community: teachers, students, employees, security, maintenance/janitors and canteen personnel?

- I will treat all of them with respect. I will listen to them when they speak or when they are talking to me. I will treat them as my role models in doing good things and in applying excellence and virtue in everything. I will respect them always in all ways and anywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment